Honoring Our History
TOUR INFORMATION: Ethnic Heritage Museum is CLOSED During January 2018 FOR WINTER BREAK. WE REOPEN Sunday, Febrary 4 from 2-4 p.m. with new exhibits! Visit six ethnic galleries and learn about Rockford's early history.Tours may be scheduled through the week by calling the museum at (815) 962-7402. School and Scouting groups welcome with pre-arranged scheduling by phone or emailing email@example.com. Parking is available at the Morgan and Main Street parking lot and on street near the Loomis Street flag entrance. Museum is handicap accessible
ADDED TOURS: Graham-Ginestra House is another site. This historic 1857 house is open for tours Sundays from 2-4 p.m The Achitectural Style is Greek Revival, Italianate. Freeman Graham of English heritage had the house constructed before moving his family here from Connecticut. Later Leo Ginestra a Sicilian immigrant lived in the house with his family. Both families were involved in early Rockford history. The interior of the house still exhibits amazing artifacts and charm.
WELCOME CENTER FOR ALL TOURS: ETHNIC HERITAGE MUSEUM 1129 S. Main St. - CORNER S. MAIN ST. AND LOOMIS
SPECIAL ADMISSION PRICE: see one site or both with one admission price:
$7 Individual, $5 student or $15 Family.
*Call 815 962-7402 to pre register for group tours other days.
Heritage Museum Park Sites Ethnic Hertitage Museum and Graham-Ginestra House will close during the month of January for Winter Break. We reopen Sunday February 4 with New Exhibits! Call the museum to schedule private group tours. The Lockwood Gallery provides nice meeting space and workshop areas.
Ethnic Heritage Museum Gallery EXHIBITS and Graham-Ginestra House - Visit Sundays 2-4p.m. See New 2018 Exhibits beginning Sun., February 4, 2018! Register at the Welcome Center Ethnic Heritage Museum for a tour!
Private prearranged tours can be arranged other days by calling 815 962-7402 or email:firstname.lastname@example.org
- African American Gallery - "Art Exhibit Showcases Local Artists" Opening Sun. Feb. 11, 2-4 p.m.
- Irish Gallery- "Aran Islands and Irish Wool Sweaters"- Save the Date Sun., March 4 "Kate O'Connor Story" 2-4 p.m.
- Italian Gallery - "Carnevale" - Save the Date - Sun. March 18 from 2-4 "Palm Weaving" workshop
- Hispanic Gallery - "Amazing Art Pieces"
- Lithuanian Gallery - "All Things Lithuanian"
- Polish Gallery - "WWI and Poland's Independence"
- Graham-Ginestra House - "Early Rockford History" Save the Date: St. Joseph Altar June 9 and June 10 Noon-5 p.m.
Would you like to learn more about how you can help the Ethnic Heritage Museum? Visit our Contribution section by clicking here! For questions or further information please contact us online at email@example.com.