Honoring Our History
TOUR INFORMATION: Ethnic Heritage Museum Visit six ethnic galleries and learn about Rockford's early history.Tours may be scheduled through the week by calling the museum at (815) 962-7402. School and Scouting groups welcome with pre-arranged scheduling by phone or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Parking is available at the Morgan and Main Street parking lot and on street near the Loomis Street flag entrance. Museum is handicap accessible
ADDED TOURS: Graham-Ginestra House is another site. This historic 1857 house is open for tours Sundays from 2-4 p.m The Achitectural Style is Greek Revival, Italianate. Freeman Graham of English heritage had the house constructed before moving his family here from Connecticut. Later Leo Ginestra a Sicilian immigrant lived in the house with his family. Both families were involved in early Rockford history. The interior of the house still exhibits amazing artifacts and charm.
WELCOME CENTER FOR ALL TOURS: ETHNIC HERITAGE MUSEUM 1129 S. Main St. - CORNER S. MAIN ST. AND LOOMIS
SPECIAL ADMISSION PRICE: see one site or both with one admission price:
$7 Individual, $5 student or $15 Family. Members are free.
*Call 815 962-7402 to pre register for group tours other days.
Ethnic Heritage Museum Gallery EXHIBITS and Graham-Ginestra House TOUR- Visit Sundays 2-4p.m. Register at the Welcome Center Ethnic Heritage Museum for a tour of one or both sites. Private tours can be arranged other days. Lockwood Gallery provides space for organization rental, special programs or workshop youth space.
- African American Gallery - New Exhibit Honoring Judge K. Patrick Yarbrough Opening Sun. May 6, 2018 @ 3:00 p.m.
- Irish Gallery- "Aran Islands and Irish Wool Sweaters"- Save the Date Sun., March 4 "Kate O'Connor Story" 2-4 p.m.
- Italian Gallery - "Carnevale" - amazing costumes, beads and masks displayed
- Hispanic Gallery - "Amazing Art Pieces" Sat. May 5, 2018 from 3-5 p.m. battle of 5 de mayo presentation Elias Soria
- Lithuanian Gallery - "All Things Lithuanian"
- Polish Gallery - "WWI and Poland's Independence"
- Graham-Ginestra House - "Early Rockford History" Save the Date: St. Joseph Altar June 9 and June 10 Noon-5 p.m.
Would you like to learn more about how you can help the Ethnic Heritage Museum? Visit our Contribution section by clicking here! For questions or further information please contact us online at email@example.com.