"Memorable Stories from World WarII" Ethnic Heritage Museum Italian Gallery
Open Sundays, April 28 and continuing through November 11th.
Admission: $10 family, $5 individual and $3 student
Preregister for group tours other days by calling the museum at 815 962-7402
- See Army Field Boots that walked through France with bombs exploding overhead
- See Army Hell Cats Dress Uniforms...
- Navy Dress Uniform: Blue and White...
- Learn about Signal Flags from the man who used them...
- Hear about a young woman who enlisted in the WAVES against her mother's wishes
- Read the Soldier's Prayer used in the War
- Watch the dramatic DVD "The American Home Front"
Italian Gallery Honors "2013 Man of the Year Frank Perrecone"
Sunday, June 2 Lockwood Gallery of Ethnic Heritage Museum
Time: 2-4p.m. with Presentation at 3p.m.
Admission free for this occasion with donations appreciated
Frank Perrecone is a local trial lawyer. He has been involved in serious personal
injury cases in both the state and federal trial courts and before the appellate and
reviewing courts.He has served as Chairman of the IL State Bar Association which
produces seminars for the association's 32,000 lawyers. He has served as chairman in various other Legal Councils and committees. He was the recipient of the prestigious
Board of Governors Award from the State Bar Assoc. He was elected to the Association's Assembly as a delegate.
He was also elected to serve as the 100th Pres. of the Winn. Co. Bar Association for the 2007-2008 term. He was the Adjunct Professor of Law at NIU from 1998 to 2008. He was twice nominated by his students for Professor of the Year. Interesting tidbits to add: Attorney Perrecone was an amateur boxer and outstanding baseball player,receiving All-Conference honors both in H.S. and college and All State Honors in college. Frank Perreonce is married, and he is active in political and community affairs.
| || |